Looking to activate Wells Fargo Debit Card then you are at the right place. This article will surely guide you step by step to activate your Wells Fargo Credit Card.
You can activate your Wells Fargo Credit Card in 3 ways
- Activate Wells Fargo Credit Card online at www.wellsfargo.com/activatecard
- Call 1-877-294-6933 from your home or mobile phone.
- You can activate the card by using it with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at any Wells Fargo ATM. (If you don’t already have a PIN, it will be mailed to you separately from your card.)
Wells Fargo Credit Card Activation/ Activate Wells Fargo Debit Card
A user can activate Wells Fargo cards by completing any of the following method and steps as given below.
- Activate Wells Fargo Card Online at www.wellsfargo.com/activatecard
- To activate your card online at wellsfargo.com it is essential to have an online banking account with wellsfargo.com.
- Keep your card in your hand to enter the card information.
- Call 1-877-294-6933 from your home or mobile phone.
- The Wells Fargo Card Activation phone Number can only be dialled to cardholders by the linked or registered telephone number connected to their bank account.
- You can activate the card by using it with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at any Wells Fargo ATM.
- You must have your PIN to activate the debit card at any ATM.
Activate Wells Fargo Credit/Debit Card Online @ wellsfargo.com/activate card
Steps to activate your card online
Step 1: Visit official website www.wellsfargo.com/activatecard.
Step 2: Enter the details to login to your Wells Fargo online banking account
Step 3: You will have to enter the following details
- Credit Card number or Debit Card number
- Social Security Number
- Card expiry date
- Card holders name as mentioned on card
Step 4: Once the above-mentioned details are submitted, you will receive a notification regarding the successful activation of your card.
Activate your Wells Forgo Credit/Debit Card through phone:
- Call the customer care of Wells Forgo 24/7- 1-877-294-6933
- Punch in the details as guided in IVR to speak to customer care executive
- Provide the card details to the executive
- Customer care executive will verify the details provided by you and activate the card.
- You will receive a notification once the card is activated.
Activate your Wells Forgo Credit/Debit Card through ATM
The use of your debit card PIN is easily accessible to the user when visiting any of the Wells Forgo ATM. It is also suggested that Wells Fargo credit card and debit card customers maintain their login information and password secure for card security.
The measures to enable all Wells Fargo Cards, including credit cards, gift cards and debit cards, are the same as above. The activation of your card is not completed by other terms, specifications or steps.
- Is it important to activate my credit/debit card?
Yes, activating your debit card as soon as you receive it in the mail is a necessary step for you to use your card, and an important step to help protect yourself from fraud.
- How do I turn my debit card on or off?
If you have misplaced your card and need time to find it, you can temporarily turn your card off to help prevent unauthorized card transactions. When you find it, you can easily turn your card back on. Sign on to Wells Fargo Online or log into your Wells Fargo Mobile® app to access Turn Card on or off. You can also call us at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) for personal debit or prepaid cards.
If you think your card has been lost or stolen, you can order a replacement card online, from your Wells Fargo Mobile app or by calling us. For personal cards call 1-800-869-3557.
- How does Well Fargo help protect my credit/debit card?
Your Wells Fargo Debit Card comes with Zero Liability protection1 at no extra cost. This means you won’t be responsible for any promptly unauthorized card transactions.
We also help prevent unauthorized transactions by regularly reviewing your accounts, and we’ll notify you immediately if we suspect unusual activity. If your financial information is ever compromised or stolen, we provide the information and assistance necessary to help you get your account back on track.
- How can I better protect myself and my debit card?
There are several things that you can do to protect yourself when using your debit card.
- Be cautious. When you use your debit card at any sales counter or ATM, be aware when people are near or behind you. To keep others from seeing your PIN, you can use your hand or body to shield their view of the keypad.
- Sign up for alerts. Our debit card alerts help you stay informed about unusual activity on your debit card. You can set up alerts to notify you when your card:
Is used for an online, phone, or mail order purchase
Is used in an international location
Exceeds the purchase amount that you set
Exceeds the daily ATM withdrawal amount that you set
- Monitor your account regularly. With Wells Fargo Online® you can securely access your accounts and keep track of your transactions and balances at any time. You can do this via your computer, tablet, or mobile device. You don’t need a smartphone; we offer a text banking option that works with older mobile devices as well.
- Register your debit card. You can get added protection ― at no additional cost ― when you shop online. Just register your Wells Fargo Visa® Debit Card with Verified by Visa.
- Learn more about protecting your identity and funds. Start by reviewing these helpful Fraud Prevention Tips.
If you suspect any fraudulent activity on your debit card, call us immediately at 1-800-869-3557.
- What Should I do if I haven’t received my credit/debit card or my PIN?
Please call immediately at 1-800-869-3557 if you haven’t received your debit card.
If you do not already have a PIN, you will receive it separately from your card. If you receive your card but you do not receive your PIN, please visit your nearest Wells Fargo branch.
Hopefully, this post available here will be helpful for you to activate Wells Fargo Credit Card. If you still have any troubles or concerns in Wells Fargo Debit Card Activation then comment below, let us know and we surely will help you activate your WF card.