Recently received and excited to swipe your fresh SunTrust loan or debit card? Well, activating SunTrust Card is the most important thing you have to do.
You can activate your SunTrust Credit Card in 2 ways
- Activate SunTrust Credit Card online at www.suntrust.com/activatemycard
- Call 866.432.2276 from your home or mobile phone.
SunTrust credit card and debit card users simply have to comply with certain criteria in order to enable a credit card or any of SunTrust’s cards and follow certain measures.
SunTrust Card Activation
SunTrust Card Service provides cardholders with many simple ways to enable them. The following are the various methods in queue credit card or debit card can be easily activated.
You can choose either of the following methods to activate your SunTrust credit or Debit card:
- Activate SunTrust Card Online at www.suntrust.com/activatemycard.
- To activate your card online at suntrust.com it is essential to have an online banking account with suntrust.com.
- Keep your card in your hand to enter the card information.
- Call 866.432.2276 from your home or mobile phone.
The SunTrust Card Activation phone Number can only be dialled to cardholders by the linked or registered telephone number connected to their bank account.
- You can activate the card by using it with your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at any SunTrust ATM.
- You must have your PIN to activate the debit card at any ATM.
Activate SunTrust Credit/Debit Card Online @ suntrust.com/activatemycard
Steps to activate your card online
Step 1: Visit official website www.suntrust.com/activatemycard.
Step 2: Enter the details to login to your SunTrust online banking account
Step 3: You will have to enter the following details
- Credit Card number or Debit Card number
- Social Security Number
- Card expiry date
- Card holders name as mentioned on card
Step 4: Once the above-mentioned details are submitted, you will receive a notification regarding the successful activation of your card.
Activate your SunTrust Credit/Debit Card through phone:
- Call the customer care of SunTrust 24/7- 866.432.2276
- Punch in the details as guided in IVR to speak to customer care executive
- Provide the card details to the executive
- Customer care executive will verify the details provided by you and activate the card.
- You will receive a notification once the card is activated.
- Where can I find my credit card statement?
You can log in to your online banking account or SunTrust mobile app to view up to seven years of statements.
- How do I request a credit limit increase?
Please call 800.477.9702 and a SunTrust representative will be happy to assist you in submitting a credit line increase request.
- How do I add an Authorized User and what can and can’t they do on my account?
Adding an Authorized User is an excellent method for helping someone to create loans while earning benefits more quickly (if you have a loyalty or loan card points). Call 800.477.9702 in order to add somebody to your account. An Authorized User shall share the total credit line and the primary account number of a credit card. You can also pay. You can pay. You cannot pay the benefits, make modifications to the account or have your own profile for online banking. The approved customer is not legally liable to pay the credit or any card fees— the main account holder is liable.
- How do I request a replacement credit card?
If your card is damaged or worn out, you can request a replacement credit card by calling us at 800.477.9702 and we will be happy to assist.
- Where can I find my FICO score?
We refresh FICO scores monthly to ensure you have the most up to date score. Log in to your online banking account, or SunTrust mobile app, select your credit card and click on “More” to access your score. Visit FICO Score Program for more information.
- How do I set a travel notification?
To prevent interruptions while traveling, we recommend setting a travel notification on your account. To do so, log in to your online banking account and select the “Support” tab to set up to four travel destinations. You can also log in to your SunTrust mobile app, and select “Account Services”.
- How do I dispute a credit card transaction?
To dispute a transaction, please call 800.477.9702.
- How do I redeem my rewards?
Log in to your online banking account and look for the “Rewards” section on the right side of your profile with your rewards balance. When you click on the rewards hyperlink, you will be redirected to our rewards website where you can browse through our rewards catalog, and choose several ways to redeem. You may also redeem by using your SunTrust mobile app.
- How are rewards calculated?
SunTrust offers a variety of personal credit cards to help everyone find the features and benefits that fit their needs. To learn more about the current rewards offered, visit www.suntrust.com/credit-cards.
- What are recurring payments and how do I set it up for my credit card?
Recurring payments are a great way to set up automatic monthly payments towards your credit card balance while avoiding missed or late payments. You have the choice to set your minimum monthly payment, your statement balance or a set dollar amount. Log in to your online banking account and select the “Move Money” tab to get started.
- How do I make a payment?
We understand our clients have unique payment preferences, which is why we offer choices to fit your lifestyle. You can choose to make payments through our mobile app, online at suntrust.com, by phone, by mail or in person with a banker or teller at any SunTrust Bank branch.
- How do I submit a credit reporting notice of dispute?
If you think the information SunTrust Bank has provided to credit reporting agencies for your account(s) is inaccurate, please follow these steps:
Submit in writing the following, which is required by the Bank in order to conduct an investigation:
- Identifying information such as your name, address, and telephone number
- SunTrust Account number(s) and/or type(s) of product(s), which you are disputing
- Specific information regarding your dispute (Incorrect Status, Incorrect Payment History, Unsolicited Account, etc.) and an explanation of the basis for this dispute.
- Copies of all supporting documentation or other information to assist the Bank in substantiating the basis of this dispute. Some examples of documentation may include: A copy of the relevant portion of the consumer report that contains the allegedly inaccurate information, a police report, a fraud or identity theft affidavit, a court order, or account statements.
If available, the following items can also be provided to help SunTrust more thoroughly investigate your dispute:
- Your date of birth
- An SSN or Tax ID number (minimum last six digits is preferred) to better identify your account
- The Consumer Reporting Agency name(s) reporting the disputed information
- Any additional information that would be helpful in identifying the account in question
As a convenience, you may fill in this optional Credit Report Dispute Form Link opens a new window which you may submit as your written statement.
Please note that SunTrust Bank requires sufficient identifying account information and documentation of your specific dispute in order to investigate the dispute. If sufficient information is not received, SunTrust Bank may be unable to investigate your dispute.
Written disputes and supporting documentation are to be mailed to the following address:
ATTN: Credit Reporting Disputes
PO Box 85526
Richmond, VA 23285-5526
Upon receipt of your dispute at the specified address, SunTrust Bank will begin the investigation of your dispute which can take up to 30 days.